Sunday, March 1, 2009

It Begins!

Welcome to my blog! I am 'RedFoxSmith', someone who has become very interested in blacksmithing. The extent of my experience thus far is a three day seminar that I attended on 2008. That's about it. I am a complete n00b, in the parlance of internet-speak. With this blog I will relate my progress, show off some of my work, and tell you what I am thinking along the way. I may not be the best writer, or even a GOOD one, but I do hope to communicate somewhat coherently about my passion.

Now that the major holidays are over, I have begun acquiring the tools I need to start blacksmithing at home. My first big project will be construction of the smithy itself. Right now there is snow on the ground and I can't do much of anything but tell you where I am at. I am thinking about modifying one of those metal storage sheds you can buy. I'll put some foam insulation board on the walls and ceiling, pavers on the ground for a solid floor. I still need an anvil, forge and some other big parts anyway. Can't wait for the snow to leave and the ground to thaw so I can get started.

Wish me luck! I'll report back next time and let you know my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment